Feeding the television obsession....

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

"You're the One to Beat..."

How many times does Paula Abdul shout this out during an episode of AI? Seriously what is her deal she is out of control with the clapping and the dancing and rarely ever has anything of substance to say. And it was clear more than ever today that all she is really looking for is validation from Simon. When he agrees with her what does she do, she jumps up and down. Although I have to say at least she looked somewhat normal today she has had some real styles going on.

To recap, with the exception of Vonzell, Carrie and Constantine who normally freaks me out due to his stalkerish nature the rest of the "cast" can go home. I mean talk about song choice people....YAAAWN!! I used to not be a Vonzell fan but I think I'm on the bandwagon.

Now for the bad, Nadia as a singer she has been disappointing although the hair is always enjoyable. Today she had a mushroom thing going on which I thoroughly enjoyed. As for Scott the song "she's gone" should be changed to "hope to see you gone." As for the cutest kid I think this goes to Anwar, which slightly makes up for his Dionne Warwick song.

Best graphics of the night...Love is a Battlefield and the video tribute to Queen.

If You're Thinking of Having Children...

watch Medical Incredible on Discovery Health. This woman my husband and I know was just featured as a person who basically came back from the dead while giving birth. She had something called an amniotic fluid embolism. There is a 1 in 80,000 chance of getting this and the majority of people who do get it die. She miraculously came through this and she and the baby are fine.

Given the logic of life now that I know someone who had this and you "know" me AND if you watch it on television the chances of you having it are close to nill because what are the chances someone else you know gets this when the odds are so small to begin with.

Believe me, this logic works!

Why Doesn't Someone Steal the Tea?

That's my question on the Amazing Race. This doesn't relate to the other teams, but to the people of India which clearly by the amount of people show there are a ton! The carts are just sitting in front of the office for the taking.

Usually The Race makes me want to visit different places, however this was not a tourist commercial for going to India. I felt claustraphobic and hot just watching.

My other questions on the episode are as follows:

  1. How many Boston Red Sox Hats does Rob own?
  2. Still not clear on why a significant portion of India was cheering for the "token old couple"
  3. How evil was Phil's face at the end?
  4. How dumb are Ron and Kelly. I mean I know she is a beauty queen and all but how could they not "Yield" Romber (as the columnist from EW likes to call Rob and Amber.)

As a final note, I'm particularly sad that Brian and Greg got eliminated and weren't running through India in their swim shorts and winter hats.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good work on the blog... however i am going to have to disagree with your comment about Paula looking "normal"... she is one step away from just openly swigging from a bottle of vodka and chasing it down with half a bottle of advil. I'm being serious... I'll make you a bet if she is not in rehab in less than 6 months i'll buy you one of whatever she's drinking. Unless the plastic surgery has progressed to providing plastic livers i can't see how she can possible keep it together. She slurs her words, can't follow the conversation, has a dazed look in her eyes, and whenever she feels ignored just stands up and spins around at her seat. Unless my girlfriend's grandfather has secretly switched places with Paula, i'd say you should save your tivo's of american idol and sell them to vh1 for the behind the music... seacrest out

8:52 AM

 
Anonymous Blackjack Games said...

This theme is simply matchless

8:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home