Feeding the television obsession....

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Where have all the children gone?

That's my big question for tonight's episode of Desperate Housewives. Now normally the children don't bring that much to the table, however when Susan's mom is carrying on for days slutting it out or Lynette is back and forth from her house to the neighbor's where are all the kids?

You could argue that with Lynette her twins are in school but don't forget she has that baby that we never see. In essence she has the same baby Rachel and Ross had on Friends.

I'm beginning to think that Desperate Housewives should be entitled "weak and manipulative women." Now I don't mind the latter so much, but the show is starting to show woman in a very poor light. I was starting to get annoyed with Susan's foibles, clumsiness and ditziness. It was too much and too ridiculous. Now they just bring in her mom to be the same way.

I like Lynette, but her storylines leave a lot to be desired. She was this powerhouse woman who chose to leave her career and instead of still being a strong powerhouse woman they make her into this "lost puppy."

If it is true that Brie's son is not gay or that he's bisexual the twist in the story is somewhat interesting as I am over the son coming out parents not accepting thing. We did that already circa Jack in Dawson's Creek. Somewhat interesting that he went to the sworn to secrecy priest but ultimately doesn't make that much sense.

I believe the best line of the night was Brie at dinner with Rex, Andrew and the clergyman. Questions of the night remain:

  1. Shouldn't Carlos be in jail already? Two episodes ago it was "the next day."
  2. What happened to Rex? Shouldn't he be dead by now taking that wrong medication?
  3. Were Mike and Deidre ever together? Is he Zack's father?
  4. Will John ever call Gabrielle by her name? In the middle of sex does he yell out, "Mrs. Solice."

Despite the "eh-ness" of the episode, I did like the last line about humans not being meant for loneliness.

Speaking of Loneliness...

I feel bad for the awkward George on Grey's Anatomy, he really is the sister.

Overall I really enjoyed the episode. I like that dynamic of the three women; Izzie, Meredith and Dr. Yang. I feel like Izzie and Dr. Yang are both extreme's of who they are whereas Meredith is in the middle and sort of fuses them together. I did enjoy Izzie becoming less weak this episode and really standing up for herself and than conversely Dr. Yang showing real human emotion. They were both pulled from their extremes slightly.

Not sure what I would do with regards to 5-10 years of life with no real memory or 3-5 with my memory intact. It's a tough decision.

I wonder if Meredith's father is still alive...

Tomorrow there is a big Everwood episode on which is getting a lot of good buzz especially since they have been on hiatus for so long. Check back in tomorrow night for some recap.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's life if you don't have any memories? Meredith was right, though she shouldn't push her decisions on her patients.

Also, I don't feel bad for George. He's awkward, but he's sweet and nice and everyone actually likes him (unlike chauvanist surgeon who's name I don't remember). He's the guy we all were once upon a time. And he may not sleep with all the chicks, but he'll end up with a great one forever.

9:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home