Feeding the television obsession....

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Awful Awful Awful Movie!

I was walking by the movie theatre and given the humidity of the day thought I would see what was playing at that moment. Luckily (or so I thought) Palindromes a movie I had wanted to see based on the review in Entertainment Weeekly , was playing in five minutes.

Seriously this could have been the WORST movie I have ever seen in my life. It was so incredibly awful. I had no fucking idea what was going on. At some points the main character was a 6 year old child or a 400 pound black woman or a 13 year old white chubby girl. All she wants to do in life is have a child so she has sex constantly and at one point shacks up with a child molester. As if this weren't bad enough she then gets involved with this Jesus cult where there are like 13 kids with all sorts of deformities (one with no arms) praising Jesus.

Why didn't I walk out? I thought maybe this would all resolve itself and I would have a clue as to what was going on but alas this did not occur and I wasted an hour and a half, $10.50 and ate a bag of stale popcorn. Maybe I'm too stupid and I didn't understand the symbolism, but this movie was just plain fucked up. PLUS, there wasn't even a movie playing when I finished that I could sneak into that would make up for this atrocity.

This is the second or third time EW has led me astray recently, I'm pissed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home