Feeding the television obsession....

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Day at the Movies....

What a fun day. Had a crazy week and was looking forward to doing nothing but a having a big bag of popcorn some soda and the big screen.

First up, Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Despite the woman who brought her bored 6 year old and the altercation that ensued I enjoyed the movie. It did get a little slow at one point but if you don't have time to see it in the theatre or don't want to pay $10.75 (that's what I had to pay) rent it on video. One of the highlights...Adam Brody AKA Seth Cohen wearing a "Fight Club" T-Shirt.

Followed by Cinderella Man. This was a movie I totally enjoyed. I know no one is going because the summer is all about "popcorn" movies, but check it out. If you liked Seabiscuit you'll like this and more. Basically same story but with a guy. Downtrodden, second chances, tear jerker, underdog..you know the drill. I was literally on the edge of my seat at certain points.

Now for a little TV.

Because of my crazy week I'm still catching up, but I did see Beauty and the Geek.

First of all I find Richard so annoying and unbearable. My husband thinks he'll make a lot of money. I just think he is an overracting buffoon. I really wanted to see him go. I felt bad for Lauren. She must have felt so rejected being the last girl asked out on a "date" and then she had to go with Richard. Then on their "date" his jacket looked so awkward it was like one of those guys who showed up at a restaurant and had to wear the jacket from the coatroom.

The whole number challenge was B.S. Who gives out their number on a whim like that to random guys on the street it is absolutely ridiculous.

Again, it was shown that if you say you are confident you are going to win and start throwing out percentages you are definitely not going to win. I don't understand why the people on reality TV haven't figured this out yet.

I have to admit that Sean and the other guy who got booted looked a lot better after their make-over. I didn't see that much of a difference with Chuck or Richard.

Part of me feels like Richard's "character" is America and the other people on the show being PUNKED by Ashton.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home