Feeding the television obsession....

Thursday, June 09, 2005

TV Catch Up

The first show of the night was Fire Me...Please. Basically the premise is that there are two individuals competing to get fired from their job to as close to 3:00pm as possible. They can't go over the designated time and they must get fired in order to win the $25,000 at stake.

The show is an hour and they show two competitions. It is kind of funny to see what people try and do to get fired but with the strategy of pacing themselves until 3:00pm. Some of them acted totally crazy and liked paced around the store whistling. One guy kept making references to the cappuccino machine being possessed by the devil and another woman in a hat story just kept trying on all the hats. The best one though was one of the contestants per her hands in her bosses armpit to try and keep them warm. The people that work in the store have no idea what is going on and just think these people are crazy. I think it would be more fun to be in this show than to watch it.

The irritating part is the laugh track and the back and forth editing. It doesn't really matter though because I'm going to be watching Veronica Mars repeats at the same time. But if you want to check it out, it's Tuesday nights at 9:00.

Poor Joe

I'm really sad to see Joe go on Beauty and the Geek. I don't feel the need to do spoiler alert because it is the summer and who is really watching this stuff! I liked this episode better than last week and I recommend it for fun summer TV.

I like the interviews with the contestants. The Barbie Doll model can't believe she fell for a nerd. Um, was this only one day so far, I mean C'mon. Plus do any of these people have real jobs, nerds included. Beer Spokesmodel, Life Size Barbie Model, Assistant Scout Master, Mensa member, I mean seriously. What's also funny is the girls all seem the same to me so I have no concept of their actual names.

Of course the biggest shocker of the evening was life size barbie's departure speech in that she realizes she is "kinda shallow." The end of the show quiz elimination is kind of tense and much more difficult than last week. Not only am I sad about Joe leaving, but shocked that we got left with the ugly girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home