Feeding the television obsession....

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Weekend Movies

Rented In Good Company Friday night. Thought it was enjoyable. Definitely a good renter and not entirely what I thought it would be. Good story and I always enjoy Dennis Quaid. I also like Topher Grace, but I'm a little sad he is going to be joining the big blockbusters of the world. B+.

Also checked out Mad Hot Ballroom. Premise was really good and I was really excited to see the movie, but I thought it felt a little flat. It definitely went on too long and didn't have the same type of character development that Spellbound did. I also thought it was slow at points and to me, by the end, it was obvious who was the winner. Whereas with Spellbound I was more on the edge of my seat. Given the price of movies these days I wouldn't run out to see it and just wait for it to hit the smaller screen. There definitely were parts that I liked and once the competition got going I was more into it, but again just okay and disappointing given my expectations. C+/B-.

Looking forward to Cinderella Man next weekend and may be going to see Madagascar with my brother on Monday, but not sure yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home