Feeding the television obsession....

Thursday, May 26, 2005

AI Wrap-Up

I didn't get a chance to watch Everwood tonight so I'll have to focus my attention on American Idol final thoughts.

Results Show
I realize that Fox gets the high ratings with the results show but what I think they should do is use the results show to garner attention/ratings for other shows that they want to promote. So for example, I am not a watcher, but they are continually trying to get a fan base for Arrested Development. One week put the results as one of the commercial breaks and people will have to tune in, another week do it with House, etc. This way the public is forced to watch some new show on Fox and Fox can build out and promote their schedule. Although with shows like Life as a Stick, Stacked and The Simple Life maybe they need the results show to be its own entity.

Judges
I believe that what AI needs is a regular person judge like me or you. In addition to the other judges. In essence we are the ones that are voting (although I don't actually vote) and we are the ones that are hearing what we want to hear and are "regular" people. Therefore I think the public would want to hear what a "normal" person has to say. Someone that is not in the music biz or musically trained.

Cast
For next season I think they should take the top four from each season and do an AI all-star. I think it would garner crazy ratings and be a huge hit. Who is THE American Idol?

Test
I would like to see, and I've said this before, the judges pick a contestant who is mediocre who the public could be convinced is actually good. The judges would go hard to the hoop in love with this person to see if they would win. I say at least top four.

Original Song

I think almost all the final original songs are not that good. Give the finalists something good to sing that fits there musical style and shows them off.

One last time until January...Edelson Out!

1 Comments:

Blogger breanna said...

January?!? It's not coming back until January?! Seems like in the first few seasons there was a much shorter period of time in between seasons.

i thought the finale was one of the better finales. i liked that they had the top 12 performing with "famous" musicians. that was great. all the stuff towards the beginning when Ryan was talking to the judges was ridiculous...especially with Simon (who i love). There was so much silence and mixed up sentances. i would rather have been annoyed that the show was scripted then stare at Simon saying "what? what did that kid say?" although the kid was really cute. all in all it was a good show. didn't feel as painfully drawn out as past finales have been. as far as the winner goes...whatever. all my favorites were booted awhile ago. Carrie's fine. I hope she goes country and not pop.

12:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home