Feeding the television obsession....

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Nouveau Star

So there I am in Paris, getting ready for bed. I look at the TV and France's version of American Idol is on. It was their final showdown between a hottie, aryan looking kid and a girl who could be his sister. Unlike our idol, not only did the judges get involved and on the stage the final two contestants did songs together and they looked like they were about to make out. Both seemed pretty good (but what do I know about French pop music), and the girl came in first.

Now onto what matters...the REAL American Idol.

This really has turned into a competition, I mean not so much as to who will win but which of the girls will make it to the top two. Throughout the competition I think that you really look from performance to performance and for the most part look at each separately. With the exception that if someone has a really bad week, but overall they have been good you let that week go. Now I think you look at overall performance. With the exception of a slow start I think Vonzell has been the most consistent.

However, I predict Carrie and Bo. Carrie just looks more comfortable on stage and Vonzell seems awkward and nervous. Bo was just amazing tonight although I agreed with Simon on the last song. He blew Clay away on the Elton John song, and was dramatic on the second. I could just imagine the arena dead quiet. It almost made me think I would actually by his album. I do think it would have been funny if the judges made Bo sing "I feel like a woman."

Paula was back to her old ways of clapping and standing. I thought it was funny how she made the comment how the judges have gotten to know the contestants. I thought that was the whole thing, that the judges are supposed to stay away and have no contact.

I think I started off being really disappointed in this season, but I have to say I'm caught up in it now and looking forward to fast forward through most of the finale since it will be mostly fluff.

One last note on tonight's episode. Is Randy allowed to say to Carrie, "Girl, you can blow!"

Famous Last Words

The famous last words of any reality show are, "I know I won!" These words were uttered by Tana this past week on The Apprentice, by Rob and Amber on The Race and so many others. It is the editors/producers way of just mocking you.

Never have I seen a task on TV go so horribly wrong and make a person look so incredibly bad. Tana just looked like a dumb hick who had no sense of urgency and no control of the situation. If we are counting on HER for NYC2012, I say book your tickets for Paris.

She was so caught up in "her employees" and trash talking people that she just didn't have a clue.

All I can say I'm looking forward to now is will Kelly show up next Thursday to pass the torch.

So Many Hours

There is still so much TV for me to catch up on and so little time before all the finales. What to do, what to do....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home