Feeding the television obsession....

Friday, May 06, 2005

Nick My Savior

Tonight I met the TiVo God. My new Series 2 140-TiVo arrived the other day and has been waiting to be set up. I didn't want to mess with my shows so I waited until Friday when nothing is really on. (Okay Drumline was on, but I've already seen it on cable twice.)

I called TiVo to activate it and deactivate my old one (I got the new one for free for being a TiVo rewards member) and they totally screwed it up. After three more phone calls, three disconnections, I found Nick.

Nick was an independent thinker. He got others involved when necessary. He worked to resolve my frustrations and rectify the situation.

Then the unthinkable happened...I got disconnected AGAIN!!!!!!

This could not be happening I thought. It is after 11:00pm, I'm sick, I'm tired and I want TiVo to be working! And, we were so close to completion.

In a psycho craze I yelled out, called TiVo back...

Call-Waiting Beeped...

And then the TRULY UNTHINKABLE, UNBELIEVABLE, MIRACLE INDUCING, thing occurred...

Nick called ME BACK!!!! I couldn't believe it. Nick saved the day! In my entire life this has never ever happened and I have been disconnected many a time. He apologized and we finally brought my issue to completion.

So now, as I wait for TiVo to download and set my old one up in the bedroom my faith in humanity or in TiVo at least has been restored...for now!

(We'll see what happens on my credit card statement and how many times I was charged.)

Oh, and by the way, some people didn't think I wrote about The O.C. I did. I separated out the entries for Thursday night based on my late watching of the The Apprentice. So keep reading and scroll down to read all about Thursday TV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home