Feeding the television obsession....

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Still More TV...

I had a late start tonight because my husband was playing soccer so I was forced to watch Joey and Will & Grace. I then had back to back episodes of The O.C. and still have The Apprentice to watch.

Let's get it started....

Joey

Haven't watched this show in forever. Figured it was a summer, place of reruns, show. So the Social Worker from ER is now on Joey. I guess when you dump Carter that is your fate. It still amazes me how much Drea di Matteo and Portio de Rossi look alike. Especially when they have their hair back. Clearly there is not much to talk about show wise, it's not that good.

The O.C.

Even though it is two separate episodes simply put together I'm going to treat it as one.

I'm not saying AT ALL the Marissa deserved to be attacked by Trey, however I would like to point out how Trey got the signals that she was into him. She shows up at his apartment (what happened to calling to make plans), and then she brings over the Notebook. This is a date movie. A guy is basically only going to sit through this movie if he thinks he's getting some action at the end. After she did get attacked, and wanting to hide it I was wondering why she just didn't wear another shirt. I do think she should come clean to Ryan though, the bro's can fight, Trey leaves the show by the end of the season and we can start anew in the fall. (hopefully by that time Kirsten will have kicked her alcoholic habit.) This just solidifies that Trey is an "evil-doer," and I can be done with him.


I hope the Trey/Coke Skank storyline comes to a close soon because it's getting boring.

On to the Seth/Summer/Zach love triangle. First of all I knew the lactose intolerant comment was coming up, because Seth just plays the perfect old Jew. I was glad to see Zach own up to the ass-waterpolo player that he is, and I did a little cheer when Seth told him to get a haircut and compared him to a Cassidy.

The spring break theme was a tad ridiculous (although we got to see Ryan in a wife beater again) and the "MTV" VJ's were outrageously stupid. Seems like Summer will be doing some major "Million Dollar Baby" workin' out, because I'm sure she has a lot of aggression after seeing the two of her boyz rolling around the comic book store floor. I also hope that the graphic novel storyline comes to an end by the end of the season b/c that is getting boring as well. Although not sure when it will end since George Lucas will be making a guest appearance.

It was nice to see The Nana again, but sad and predictable about her beau. Just like it was predictable that Kirsten was going to get into an accident on her drive home. Not the first time an alcoholic O.Cer has gotten into a car accident. Also not the first or last time there was a "drop" in the car that led to an accident. (Note that's how Dawson's dad died--it's rerun in the mornings on TBS!)

Seeing that Caleb is on a new show in the next television season, I'm thinking something happens with Julie's plan to get something out of the marriage.

This is what I would like to see happen:

Caleb dies
Trey leaves town after everyone finds out about his attacking Marissa
Julie goes to jail for a while (see what it's like to be Ryan and Trey - Irony)
Tate Donovan comes back, and the return of the younger sister
Use the younger sister for a storyline with Seth and/or Ryan
Bring back the red head for Caleb's funeral
Marissa leaves for the summer ala Cohen of summer 2004 and ironically also goes to Portland to see Luke.
Summer starts dating George Lucas (not really on this one, but it would be funny and crushing for Seth.)

2 Comments:

Blogger breanna said...

i can't tell you how excited i was to stumble upon your blog! it's so refreshing to know that someone out there shares ALL my obsessions with television. There isn't a show you've discussed that i'm not sucked into.

LOVED all your recaps and quips. Looking forward to more and more.

also...what's your theory on the trainwreck that American Idol has become this season??? I'm a professional vocalist, so i consider myself to be quite knowledgeable not just about what sounds good, but why it sounds good, and why it doesn't...and all my top picks have been booted...do you buy into the stuff about www.votefortheworst.com?? just curious.

12:10 AM

 
Blogger Sara said...

Thanks so much for the compliment.

American Idol is definately not what it used to be, not as bad as the Apprentice but bad. I have two theories on what they should do that I will write about at the end of the season. In short:

1. Now that they have four seasons (after this one) do a top twelve-allstar edition with top three of all seasons.

2. Either remove a judge (ala Paula) or add a regular person judge. Ultimately that is the person who is voting. Someone that doesn't have any experience just watches the show and let them give their opinion as part of the process.

With regards to "votefortheworst" I think it's a funny idea. I would actually like to see as an experiment the judges get behind the obviously worse contestant and always have good things to say. Like praise to wazoo and see if that person wins.

Keep Reading!

9:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home