Feeding the television obsession....

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I Think it Was Fixed!

Despite being happy for the winners on The Amazing Race, I think it was fixed and it kind of pisses me off. More on that later.

You know it was going to be a crazy race when Romber starts off by saying, it's us the survivors, the Beauty Queen and the Black People in Jamaica. He came off way to cocky and to sure of himself. In TV land that only means one thing, you are most likely not going to win. That's editing folks.

This was the first time I saw tension between Rob and Amber and saw Amber get a little irritated at Rob. Especially with her comment, "I'll make you happy and then you make me happy after the race." This coupled with her focusing on marriage and family at the end of the race makes me believe they had some sort of bargain.

Kelly bringing up the status of their relationship while on the race was ludicrous. This was not the time to define yourselves. It is funny to watch how she proclaims her love and he is stand-offish and snears. I was surprised that Ron's military-ness only came up once. Of course it was in context of not wanting to be controlled by her. When they were cutting the onions I was expecting some sort of mess hall comment. There was some vindication that Kelly was the one that got the golf ball on the green. I was happy she finally did something right.

Now I love the Amazing Race, but it does get on my nerves how one team can be ahead and then something doesn't open until 7:30am. I realize they have to do it, but it gets on my nerves from time to time none the less. I also think it's funny that these taxi's wait around forever. A few minutes I can understand, but on the boat task and the limbo task it seemed they waited forever.

Now, let's talk about the winners.

Spoiler Alert

Now I'm very happy that Uchenna and Joyce won. I was rooting for Romber, but I think Uchenna and Joyce played well, played hard and they were a good exciting team. I mean she shaved her head for pete's sake. Of course I got wrapped in their wanting to have a child, their teamwork and the strengthening of their relationship...HOWEVER.

NEVER in my life has a plane come back to get two passengers once it has left the gate. More than that NEVER in my life has a plane come back to get two passengers WHO WERE ON STANDBY!! I strongly believe that this was fixed to make the race more exciting. Obviously Rob and Amber would have had about an hour and 40 minute lead if they were the only ones on the flight and they would have won. Clearly they would have gotten lost still with the cigar but not that much time worthy. Yes, I think J&U winning is nice, but it all leaves a bitter taste in my mouth and got me a tad riled up. If I was Rob I would be super angry when I watched the show.

Also it was clear that U&J were going to win and that the time it took them to get the money at the end was just editing. Although I would have liked them to stiff the guy and run to the finish line and then come back and worry about it. It would have been better if the taxi guy ran after them. I mean this was for a million dollars, screw the taxi dude. I guess Uchenna is a better person than I.

Well, sadly my TiVo says no more Amazing Race's are scheduled. Looking forward to the next edition...families.

What a Letdown!

It was hard to focus on American Idol since I watched Amazing Race first. I was all excited and riled up and so watching the foursome sing country and then the Philadelphia songs was somewhat boring.

Overall I didn't like the theme. I thought Carrie was eh, but that is also because I'm sick of hearing her sing country. Bo had some good song choices (except I can watch The Apprentice to hear that awful Money song) and the fact that Vonzell has her emotional breakdown will most likely save her from elimination. I definitely think something must have happened in her day for her to be so upset.

When Anthony first started singing both his songs I kind of tuned out b/c I am somewhat over him. However, I was drawn back in and kind of liked what he did. I have never heard to people sing the same song and thought he did a much better job than Carrie.

Thought Paula should have stayed away from the word "love" when referring to the contestants, less it be misconstrued as an invitation to her house.

Think Bo has this one locked up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home