Feeding the television obsession....

Monday, May 23, 2005

What Happened to the Matinee?

Went to the movies this afternoon to see The Interpreter. It was the first showing and the cost...$10.75! I could hardly believe it, it just seems so ridiculous. You keep reading about how the movie season is sluggish well maybe because it is so freakin' expensive to see a movie. You can rent like 3 movies from NetFlix, do On Demand or just watch HBO.

Of course given the expense of the movie I had to sneak into another as well. Okay, if I'm being honest I always do the sneak, but I like to try and justify it. So I caught a showing of Monster-in-Law. Not as bad as you would think but clearly don't be paying for this movie. If it comes on HBO and there is really nothing else on it is midly entertaining and I even laughed out loud a few times.

As for The Interpreter it was okay. It was a little disjointed and slow at times but I had wanted to see if for a while so I was satisfied. I would say given the price of movies either time it to go along with Crash and sneak in or just save your money for Crash.

Movies I'm still looking forward to seeing are; Cinderella Man, Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, Mad Hot Ballroom, Madagascar and a bunch more. Scheduled to see Star Wars with my dad in the next few weeks. Hopefully he'll pay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home