Feeding the television obsession....

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

A Night of Musak...

The night started with the Sarah McLachlan concert at The Garden. If you are in the city and having nothing to do Wednesday night and are TiVoing the Lost and Alias season finales I would say stop by, buy some tix and check it out. It was a really good concert and she is a great performer. Sang a lot of favorites and some new stuff too. Even the opening band had some good stuff....

All Dressed Up and Ready to Play

It's the big finale of American Idol. Simon wore a jacket over his t-shirt, Bo clearly got his beard trimmed, locks straightened and a facial. This is serious! Although on that first song he looked like a cross between John Lennon, Willie Nelson and Jesus. He really is trying to reach out to everyone.

First off the songs. I thought both songs the contestants chose were bad choices and that they both had sung better songs during the season. Bo needs to put the mike stand down once in a while. It's like his security blanket.

As for the original songs..Ugh. The Long Long Road was a Long Long Song. I found it so incredibly boring and whereas I thought Bo sang it much worse than Carrie it still wasn't good. As for the other one, Bo sang it much better but I still didn't like the song.

Not sure who to call this one for. I feel like America could vote for Carrie thinking Bo will definitely get the contract no matter what. Even though I think Bo is much more marketable and versatile I think Simon is usually right on these things and he is pushing Carrie. I think she has the slight edge. Until tomorrow....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home