Feeding the television obsession....

Thursday, June 02, 2005

One Hit Wonder

Or as NBC calls it Hit me Baby One More Time. So basically this show is American Idol with "real" singers. They are taking people who had a hit or were big but are now nothing and having them sing their most popular song as well as a song that is now popular by another artist. At the end of the show the studio audience votes for the winner and that person gets money which goes to charity.

Tonight's episode has Tiffany, Flock of Seagulls and more. I think a later episode has Vanilla Ice.

It's an awful show, but I'm slightly intrigued. I wish that I was watching on TiVo so I can fast forward. The best part is seeing how much these people have aged and they have gotten fat. I have to say that the singers on American Idol are much better. This is like the outtake show of American Idol. You definitely feel sorry for these people and sort of feel that the money should go to them and not charity because they must be hard up if they are doing this show.

My one question is why on summer TV reality shows does the lighting seem all screwy and different and the hosts seems more annoying and odd than during the regular season?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home