Feeding the television obsession....

Sunday, July 10, 2005

I'm Back...

I haven't been writing not because I haven't been watching television, but because the shows have not been eliciting a lot of things for me to say. That's summer television for you. I am looking forward to the Beauty and the Geek reunion this Wednesday night. Plus I should voice my annoyance with Veronica Mars. UPN is re-playing the show this summer to get people into it. I thought it would be fun to watch to see if I liked it since it gets such good press, the problem...THEY ARE SHOWING IT OUT OF ORDER...this is infuriating.

Sunday Shows

I really like Six Feet Under tonight. It was nice to see Patricia Clarkson and gang again. Although I actually saw her a few months ago around the corner from my house, however it was nice to see her on TV. I think I should start drinking a lot more wine and definitely out of the bottle. I would probably be a lot cooler and laid back.

For once, Nate and Brenda seemed like a normal couple. It was nice to have a little break from their drama. And for a SPLIT second Mia looked like a normal child and not the alien she normally is.

I think the highlight for me was Claire's pantyhose solo in her office and the depressing cubicle characters. It made me look back with "fond" business memories. And, any time you put a guy with turrets on TV it's always funny. (no offense to my turrets readers.)

Plus, there is nothing like a mother/daughter bonding moment when your mom is looking through your drawers for weed or even watching your mother-in law get high. Wasn't surprising that Claire didn't get the grant.

I liked the juxtaposition of the women not needing men and then Rico's wife "needing the man" to take care of the heavy house things. Although I actually didn't like that and felt all "woman hear me roar."

I also liked the ending with everyone saying goodbye to Felicia and ultimately I wondered if maybe Ruth was going to go back to George not out of love, but out of loneliness. I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him.

Entourage

I did like tonight's episode but I can't really tell you why. I loved when Drama got his ass kicked and it was clear Turtle was going to get his kicked as well. I thought Ari was at the top of his game tonight and like last season I feel like this one is building momentum at each episode. The one downside...the awful "commercial" at the end. What was that?!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Poker Web said...

There can be you and are right.

2:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home