Feeding the television obsession....

Monday, December 19, 2005

Let the Movie Madness Begin!

Now that I have a little break it's time to start catching up on movies. Here's the list in no particular order:

Munich
Good Night Good Luck
Syriana
Capote
Transamerica
Family Stone
Rumor Has it (although getting very bad reviews)
Pride and Prejudice (chick flick - good reviews)
Kong
Memoirs of a Geisha
History of Violence (only because it's getting so much acclaim)

Movies to Rent:

Murderball
40 year old virgin
War of the Worlds
Batman Begins

Today I started the marathon off and saw Brokeback Mountain followed by Harry Potter. Both entertaining, both not worth the hype especially Brokeback. It sort of feel about Brokeback as I did about Cold Mountain...too long...too slow...nice story....catch it on HBO or whatever. Tomorrow thinking about Pride and Prejudice followed by the sneak into Syriana. Last week I saw Rent and Walk the Line. LOVED Rent. Always love the music and liked the show so to me this was great and it actually made the story better seeing it all playing out on the big screen. Walk the Line...acting good, story eh. Here's the deal with these musician films I'll sum it up. Man becomes famous almost by accident, gets married, goes on the road, does drugs, marriage goes bad, there's trouble, musician redeems himself all is good in the world. Felt like I'd seen the story before and it was also a little to slow. ALthough I did come home and download four new Johnny Cash songs onto the Ipod.

Feel free to throw out any recommendations...music/tv/film/books etc.

How I Met Your Mother

It's nice to have a new show to watch when everything else is repeats. This show is funny. I love that Barney had the super psyched mix and the mix theory. Everytime I heard Shot to the heart I laughed out loud. This episode wasn't as funny as episodes past but still very enjoyable.

30 minutes until the Gauntlett II...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home