Feeding the television obsession....

Monday, November 14, 2005

A Little Disappointed

No, I have not been run away by some of the negative comments on my blog. I just haven't had that much to say on the current television season. I haven't been that impressed or engaged for that matter. Shockingly enough I just don't have that much to say.

Desperate Housewives is almost to the point of awful. Although I still watch it just in case AND in the hopes that it will get better. Grey's Anatomy has turned into one of the best shows on television, however last night's episode didn't really do it for me. I had really high expectations b/c I knew the topic was going to be really interesting but it had just been "eh" compared to some of the previous ones. You already know my feelings on The Amazingly Boring Race, and Lost is leaving me with too many questions and until Shannon got shot I was sitting on my couch yawning. Although I am really looking forward to this week's episode.

Now I've seen the comments telling me that I'm a cry baby or whatever, but I simply expect more out of my television viewing especially when my shows provide it from time to time. All I'm asking for is a little consistency. Shows like Everwood and ironically enough Reunion are delivering big time. (as is Grey's they just had a less than awesome week, but still good.) I still enjoy Veronica Mars but they are falling into the Lost trap of offering up too many mysteries with not enough getting solved. With so much going on in viewer's lives we need some answers to keep us going and keep us interested. And even Boston Legal has fallen into the trap of all of David E. Kelley's shows where they get too political and too ridiculous AND too repetitive. Lastly, there's The O.C. and Alias. Two great shows in their heyday, but both should be nearing the end like E.R.

Maybe I just need some more good sitcoms. I do enjoy How I Met Your Mother and My Name is Earl, but I did realize that if they got cancelled I wouldn't miss them at all.

Perhaps it's time to shake it up a bit. Add shows that are off the major networks. Go to the shows that are on the cutting edge?! I feel like I have hit the hallmark birthday card point. I keep going to the store to buy birthday cards, but I feel like I've seen them all before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home