Feeding the television obsession....

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Changing it's Image

With the exception of The Amazing Race, and Survivor I always thought that CBS was meant for the eldery. Between Murder She Wrote and Judging Amy I just didn't see the network reaching out to me. Now maybe it's because I have gotten older (I did just turn THIRTY) or their programming is just better.

After visiting LA this past summer and checking out a taping of King of Queens. I added it to my TiVo and have started watching it on Monday nights. (There is not much else on at this hour.) I have to say it is pretty funny. Now last night's episode wasn't awesome but I've definitely seen a few good ones. I can see this show going the way of Raymond and Doug/Carrie just argue all the time, but I really like Jerry Stiller and the supporting cast gets some good lines. Last night the dog walker left the show, but seeing the ratings of her new show it seems she'll be back pretty soon.

The other Monday night show How I Met Your Mother (HIMYM) also a good Monday night watch. I am really starting to get into all the characters and enjoy the tempo of the show. Last night's episode when Barney was grinding his cousin was classic only because it wasn't predictable. Additionally, the fact that the viewer had to read subtitles during the club scene was just plain funny. Not sure how this show sustains viewership after a year (we'll finally meet the mother, some dating stories, but that's that), but I'm definiately willing to find out. I really feel like the cast is gelling together and has good chemistry. Alison Hannigan is a little sex/bandcampy but it's all good. Nothing really beats sneaking out of your own boring party to go find your fiance and ultimately dance/drink and have a good time. Who hasn't felt that they needed to grow up a little only to realize it is more fun just doing what you want and having fun.

Now a lot of people say that Kitchen Confidential on Fox is better than HIMYM and all I have to say to them is TiVo. Watch one, tape one...DONE. Also in case you haven't noticed we are in the middle of snoozetober--I mean "championship" baseball so use this time wisely and check out CBS whose new tagline should be...Not for the elderly anymore! (If you need proof notice they don't even have a "token old couple" on Amazing Race!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why dont you try Two and a Half Men It is one of the better comedys on TV

6:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home