Feeding the television obsession....

Monday, October 03, 2005

What a letdown!

After last week's episode of Desperate Housewives I was all excited for this new season. After last night I was pretty disappointed. With the exception of the mystery of what's in the basement I thought the show was slow, a little boring and the storylines slightly repetitive.

Gabrielle/Carlos relationship is getting annoying. Stop bickering, just get divorced. Carlos seemed whiny at first and the storyline of him getting beat up in prison was stale. Better than if someone tried to pick him up, but still stale.

I'm tired of Susan being such a victim and the inappropriate relationship with her daughter always bothers me. She just shouldn't tell her everything.

I did like the Lynette/Tom seen in the bed, but I think it went overboard with the rat. I mean what mother would let a rat loose in their house? I know you suspend belief and all that, but I think for a lot of people Lynette is the most relatable character and this was ridiculous.

Bree. After last weeks awesome performance I could only be let down. I do wonder who owns so many black clothes and the slapping of the mother in law was pretty funny. What happened to the kids? I also feel the insurance investigation is going to irritate me.

Hopefully next week picks up.

On the other Hand.

I enjoyed Grey's Anatomy. Last week I wasn't as impressed as a lot of other people. I enjoyed the dynamics and the story lines tonight. For some reason George looked older/and taller tonight.

The whole judy doll thing was weird and funny. Also funny because there was an issue with Judy dolls last year on Curb Your Enthusiasm. I'm intrigued by Addison making a play for Dr. Shepard and the previews for next week had me intrigued.

Clearly there is going to be a little romance between Alex and the blond girl and the awkwardness between Olivia and George was great. Although the best scene for me when was the women ganged up on George at lunch and tried to speak for all women everywhere.

Not Caught Up

I'm not quite there with all my tv last week (blame it on waiting for my husband to be around so he could watch with me since he's addicted now too.) I did catch My Name is Earl and have to say the second episode (maybe it was the third) was truly funny. I definitely laughed out loud a few times and found myself really liking the brother.

Another Show Cut from the Fall Season

I just read that Martha Stewart : Apprentice, is moving to 9pm on Wed. against Lost and Veronica Mars. This means it gets dropped from my lineup. I wasn't invested yet anyway, and it looks like it may not even make it through the season. Oh well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home