Feeding the television obsession....

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Emmy Review

Before I get into the meat of the night a few quick notes on this week's episode of The O.C.

It's funny how Tate Donovan is still listed as a guest star. Clearly that "marriage" is not going to work out.

The Jerri Ryan story is annoying to me. I mean first of all she has been there two days and she's out. Kristin isn't suspicious about her new stalker and then she goes to her house? I mean c'mon. Put down the hootch and take a look around.

I love how that carnival gets planned in one day AND how Seth and Summer are stuck on the ferris wheel as Ryan and Marissa walk away ostrasized by the dean who looks slightly like a younger Greatest American Hero.

Like Summer, I hope this is the best year ever although after seeing the first two episodes I'm not so sure.
_________________

ANYWAY.....the start of the television season is upon us (albeit a few started already that I am still catching up on.) Before we officially kick off the 2005-2006 season let's get it started by looking at "the best" of last season's TV with the Emmy Awards:

Highlights (in no particular order):

Opening sequence. Although I thought that guy from Earth, Wind and Fire had died or was near death after seeing him on American Idol a few months back.

Great Carson Tribute by Letterman

Trump and Megan M. singing the theme song from Green Acres. (downside though is I thought this whole theme song thing was going to be funny for all of the songs)

Kristin Bell doing the theme from Fame. Although again on the funny, it would have been great if she did the Jeffersons. I see her "trumping" the Trump with a Veronica Mars musical on Broadway.

Bobby C. from Will and Grace not being able to read roman numerals when handing out the award to the director of the XXVIII Olympiad.

Felicity Huffman speech

John Stewart

Lauren Graham running to catch up to Jennifer Love Hewitt when walking out to present an award.

Charles from New Orleans. Thinking of adopting him.

Jennifer Gardner. All the magazines have really been downplaying her pregnancy. It was nice to finally see her really preggers.

William Shatner's face when he didn't win Emmy idol.

Peter Boyle - does that guy know he is in fact alive?!

Lowlights (in no particular order):

Ellen Degeneres. I am a HUGE fan of hers so for me to be disappointed is a lot. I just thought she would be a lot funnier. Therefore I have to put her in the lowlight category.

Stockard Channing - she looked awful.

Patricia Arquette winning

Tony Shaloub winning

Macy Gray - first of all was she drunk? Second of all she is a professional singer and was not the best by far. Also is it fair that she is involved in a "singing competition?"

Is Huff still on?

Not really for me but for Hedi Klum...gets out of bed 6 days after having her child because her show is nominated and then she doesn't win. She's pissed.

Peter Boyle never winning an emmy.

What were your highlights and lowlights?

Let the TV season begin (start music/drumroll/cutting of tape)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home