Feeding the television obsession....

Monday, August 15, 2005

Only One More Episode Left....

I will be a little sad to see Six Feet Under go. But I have to say, it's clear to me that because the show is going off the air, Alan Ball and crew felt it was easy to make it political and throw out an American soldier death into the mix. Now it's not that I don't agree with the sentiments of Claire in her drunken/high/grief outburst/rage it's just that I prefer the deaths when the baker falls into the mixer or the hiker gets mauled by a cougar. It's more in the spirit of the show. Now I see the whole brother connection, but I didn't need that.

Given all this it was interesting to see everyone grieving in their own demented Fisher way. And by demented I know you all thought that scene between Brenda and Billy was real and you were covering your eyes and saying "no no no."

At least the one thing we know about how things are going to leave off next week is that Maya is going to be the most fucked up kid in the universe. David needs to serious counseling, and Maggie will get kicked out of the quaker community because she clearly has some rage and there is no room for that in the room of peace.

The two saddest parts for me were Claire having to give up her car which really was her staple to sanity and the conversation between Vanessa and the dead guy's sister. I hope Rico doesn't leave the Fisher's because they really need him to keep it all together.

I'm a little bored with the boyz...

I haven't written about Entourage in a while because I haven't been so thrilled with it. Yes there are a few moments in each episode where I chuckle aloud (Turtle saying he's never had a job, or Drama getting hard in front of Brooke Shields), but the Aquaman storyline went on too long and now the Mandy Moore "relationship" is a snoozer to me. I think this show does better when you treat this "Entourage" as a group and not different character storylines.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought pimping your blog on Entertainment Weekly's comments for the show was weak and pathetic.

2:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home