Feeding the television obsession....

Sunday, July 31, 2005

I thought the Cougar was bad....

Yikers on Six Feet Under. Before we get to the shocker of the night some stuff I thought about while I was watching.

First of all I thought this entire episode was outstanding. From Claire's craziness, to her date with the Republican, to the fact that Nate was just in a hallway with nothing hooked up to him, to the fact that the lawyer and Maggie hung out in the waiting room and the awkwardness with everyone to seeing Ruth go through the wilderness hoping she doesn't get eaten by a cougar and instead finds a bus of Koreans who begin to give her love-life advice.

Then it all ends with Nate having this crazy ass dream that somehow ties into David's dream which ties back to him getting abducted to his horrible year and then his brother dying. In some ways it would have been awesome if the show just ended there and that was the end of it. And now there are so many questions, what will happen to Maya? What happens now that he told Brenda he wanted to end it, will she say something? It's craziness. Everyone knew someone was going to die and it was definitely one of the main characters but I thought it would be closer to the end of the show. Again it would have been interesting to see this as the end.

What's so poetic is how the first episode the dad died and brought Nate/Brenda together and right before his own death he wanted to be apart. Very poetic. Looking forward to next week. Very blown away by the death and kind of shocked me even though a small part of me thought maybe this was it. There might also be some connection that Nathaniel Sr. was killed by a bus and Ruth was on a bus when Nate died, but who really knows that is probably stretching it.

Suddenly Nate dies and then...

Entourage

How do I get in the mood for this one, when I'm still reeling from Nate's death and wondering if his whole head was shaved except his sideburns.

I thought this was a pretty good episode, but the whole 3-5 minutes of U2 at the end really annoyed me. I find the show short enough as it is and this was just gratuitous.

Comeback

This could have been one of the best episodes yet. (Pretty much good night all around on HBO.) The Lincoln Navigator guy cracked me up and the fact that the crazy Jan girl was on there gave me a good chuckle. It was also a good character developing episode all around.

Weekend Watchin'

Checked out Over There on FX. Really intense show. My one complaint is that it was hard for me to remember who was who and sometimes didn't know what was going on. Check it out.

Saw Hustle & Flow on Saturday night aka 8-Mile meets Boyz in the Hood. Good movie. Wasn't totally invested in all the characters it was more about me wondering how it was going to unfold. The theme soundtrack has now been stuck in my head and that's slightly annoying, but I would say check it out or at least rent it.

1 Comments:

Blogger breanna said...

I am so excited for Hustle and Flow. in the same vein, did you catch "Wild 'n Out" on MTV? it's basically "who's line is it anyway" meets "8 Mile" and I for one LOVE IT.

9:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home