Feeding the television obsession....

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Fall TV

So this morning as I drink my coffee getting ready for an state exam I need to take I started to review the fall TV schedule. I have to say there are a lot of conflicts with only two TV's. I admit that often these things work themselves out as shows are not as good as they are promoted to be, but from a starting point there are some problems.

Monday 8:30-9:00: Do I go How I Met Your Mother on CBS or Kitchen Confidential on Fox?

Tuesday 9-10: Already have Amazing Race on CBS. Now do I go Commander in Chief on ABC as well or My Name is Earl on NBC from 9:00-9:30?

How do I fit in the new Chris Rock Show? It overlaps too much.

There are some other conflicts which I'm going to take a gamble on. Also this show Reunion is getting some buzz with regards to guilty pleasures. Probably will check that out.

Movie Day

Yesterday spent the day at the movies. I checked out Four Brothers and Broken Flowers. I have to say I was eh on both of them. Both left a lot of unresolved questions but the first came to more closure. I would say if you have nothing to do on a weekend night months from now in the cold of winter rent FB and maybe pass on BF.

Bill Murray was pretty good. The movie was really slow paced and intriguing but it left me sort of flat. The movie just sort of ended and if it was really good I would have been disappointed. In this case I was like "un, ok." and walked out of the theatre. I could overanalyze it and make it into something deep, but I don't' really want to do that. I just want to watch a movie be entertained and leave. If I really wanted to think and over analyze I would read a book. I went to solely be entertained. Not to say movies shouldn't intellectually stimulate me, because they do, it just wasn't what I was in the mood for yesterday. I also think part of my problem is that I don't like Bill Murray. I HATED Lost in Translation and this is sort of like that but with more of a plot.

Overall Grade:

Four Brothers - C+
Broken Flowers - C/C+

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home