Feeding the television obsession....

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Bree is the Star

Bree definitely carried this season opener of Desperate Housewives. From her waiting until the "appropriate" time of 9:00am to let people know "about her news," to the threatening of her mother-in law and the priest about the way the funeral would go she was excellent.

Of course the piece de resistence was the funeral itself. Not only was Edie dressed perfectly, with the schmata on her head and her breasts popping out of her "black appropriate ensemble" nothing could have topped Bree forcing Lynette's husband to remove his tie and then in front of everyone change Rex from his "momma boy costume" to the man Bree loved. And then of course walking straight up the aisle out the front door. Maybe one of the best moments in television in a long time.

I do have to admit that I was hoping to see George somewhere in the congregation, but I'm sure he'll be showing up soon enough. It was nice to finally see the children again and Andrew's line about the grandma being "our bitch" was classic. I was a little surprised not to see the women of Wisteria lane sitting together at the funeral.

With regards to other aspects of the episode I have to admit I sort of was hoping that Zach was dead and it was nice to see that Carlos was finally in jail. I liked the setup of Lynette's storyline of going back to work and I had read that her new boss is actually preggers in real life so it could be interesting how that gets worked in, if in fact it does. It seems that ABC has us wondering what's in the hatch and now, what's in the basement. Hopefully this story line will evolve and we won't hit the sophomore slump.

Grey's Anatomy

I thought the episode was fine. I always love George and it was nice to see the episode keep it's fast pace. It was a very beginning of the new season episode. Answered some questions, brought up some more and throwing in a few surgeries in the middle.

1 Comments:

Blogger breanna said...

what would i do without you?!?! I was on a trip back last night from Seattle and completely missed aaaalll the shows! I'm dying! I was so excited for Grey's anatomy...only to miss it. Grr...thanks for keeping me in the loop.

11:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home