Feeding the television obsession....

Sunday, September 25, 2005

All Caught Up...Mostly!

This weekend I spent my time watching The O.C., Reunion, Everybody Hates Chris, E.R. and Apprentice: Martha Stewart. Weekend well spent in my opinion. I still haven't watched Prison Break and now that it is just piling up on the TiVo it seems so daunting that I may have to drop it before I even begin. Therefore, if anyone has an opinion on whether or not I should get involved feel free to chime in.

I don't need to review all of the shows in detail because most of it isn't worth commenting on. So far I haven't been impressed at all with The O.C. I'm not giving it up, but none of the stories are interesting. The dean is clearly sleeping with that perky blonde girl and Jerri Ryan is obviously some single white female stalker. So far this season is what the Marissa and Ryan are going through...the worst year ever!

As for Reunion, I am definitely intrigued and may be the happiest with this new show than all the others. I'm happy to see the girl from North Shore and The O.C. has a job in another cheesy-guilty pleasure show. I am not sure how this show could sustain an entire season, but I'm willing to find out.

The only reason I was able to check out Everybody Hates Chris is because Alias hasn't started yet. Therefore this won't be part of my normal routine. I thought the show was okay funny. Definitely funnier than Joey so for those people I would make the switch to UPN. I'm hoping that as shows get shuffled around this one goes to a time that I could check it out a little more.

I won't really even comment on E.R. because I know I'm only one of like five people who still watch it. I just have to say it's always funny when they bring in a new actor to play the same character and hope the public doesn't notice.

Now for The Apprentice: Martha Stewart. First of all I'm glad that I gave up the regular Apprentice. Mostly because this show is almost the same if not identical and I definitely did not need two Apprentices. Plus I was so sick of the Donald that I am happy to give someone else a shot. Like the Apprentice, this is a show you could just become addicted to.

As for the bad/awful:
  • The cigar - It's ridiculous and I can't believe Martha puts up with it. Charles cannot connect with his audience if he's waving that cancer tube around.
  • Jim - So annoying and the way he slouched in the conference room was not connecting with his audience either.
  • Jeff - he deserved to go home. He was unbearable and I'm glad he has to go hang his head.
  • Primarius - It's the WORST name EVER

The good:

  • Martha writing a note to the person who "did not fit in."
  • Martha calling up to the loft.
  • Matchstick--not the team, just the name

2 Comments:

Blogger breanna said...

i thought the letter thing was a joke at first. i found it kinda weird. also, couldn't they have at least TRIED to come up with a better firing line then "you just don't fit in?" It's awful! not so awful that i won't watch, but awful nonetheless.

11:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prison Break!! This weeks episode was amazing and totally makes the show worth watching...if anything drop the OC and check out Prison Break!

6:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home