Feeding the television obsession....

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

The Race is On!

Here we have it, Amazing Race: Family Edition. It's a little slower than the regular race and less miles will be covered, but I'm sure there will still be the same amount of yelling. Now instead of one person yelling at the driver from the back we have three back seat drivers all yelling at each other. I'm just hoping we don't see any of those kids get their asses kicked by their competitive parents.

My first question. I live in NY and I constantly find myself watching NYC being used as the centerpiece of many a reality television show. Do I EVER see these people around town? No. Just once I would like to be in the EMS or the Dominos Pizza or the Deli when the Amazing Racers, the people of Apprentice or whomever come running in looking for help, clue, etc only to screw them up. Fingers crossed...one day!

I was really looking forward to family edition. I even thought about submitting me and members of my own fam. However the thought of being humiliated on national tv by my mother yelling at me was enough of a discouragement. Now after seeing the Hater family I mean the Paolo's I'm glad I didn't join.

There's still too many families and too many people to start giving them nicknames. I'll have to wait until the "characters" develop a little more and each family gets more air time. I was all ready with the "token black couple," but ironically their name...Black. Go figure! (more on them later.)

I like the idea of the son in laws with the father in law, but I have to agree with "frank" that the father is due for a heart attack. Hopefully those boys will carry them through.

With two families from Louisiana I was hoping maybe they would have done a thing on how they are doing after the Hurricane, etc. We'll probably find out on the reunion show or near the end, or when they get eliminated. I'm sure America is rooting for one of the families to win thinking they could probably use the 1 million more than anyone. If anything I'm rooting from the family from New Orleans. The other Louisiana family had the father who kept saying how the man in the house is king or whatever....f-that!

The one thing I don't understand is why people flip out at the beginning if they are not in first. Don't they know it really doesn't matter and as the race continues they will have to wait for ferries for 6 hours so everyone catches up. Plus there will probably be a plane that pulls away from the gate and then comes back to pick up some contestants...I'm still bitter.

Final thoughts/questions on tonight's episode:

  • Favorite Line - "Can you tell me where the town of SOHO is?"
  • What's wrong with the son of "widowed mother?" There's something not right there.
  • What families play together like they showed in the intro?
  • When are there so many parking spots in New York City, especially on Broadway?
  • Who goes to 91st between park/lex on West Side Highway?
  • Why do people still follow other people? Have they not watched this show before?
  • If it's pouring out and you have to read a clue why not get in the car?

Lastly, I'm a little sad that the Black family was voted off. Not only was I sad for the kids, but I was sad for all the "token black family" jokes I had lined up.

Now with this two hour premiere I'll have to catch up on My Name is Earl and Boston Legal later in the week.

1 Comments:

Blogger breanna said...

okay, and i'm not racist AT ALL...but we all know that the token black guy always dies first in the movies...it only makes sense...

i thought the episode was fun. the haters made me wanna puke. how can you live like that? I really like the couple with the two little kids. i hope they do well. at first i was worried they'd be at a disadvantage all the time being the only ones there with actual children, but i'm glad to see the show making it more even.

oh, and i said the SAME THING about the reading in the rain. my guess is they were told to read it outside for the sake of filming.

Have i told you lately that i LOVE YOUR BLOG?!?!

1:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home