Feeding the television obsession....

Friday, December 23, 2005

Two More Down...

Capote - If you have read In Cold Blood I say watch the movie. Phillip Seymour Hoffman does an EXCELLENT job portraying Truman Capote, but it takes place while he is writing the book and I think if you are not familiar with the book you may feel a little left out of the movie. It's a great portrayal of how selfish/self-centered Capote was and how he realizes how that selfishness was used to get what he wanted, but actually tormented him and in some ways destroyed him from writing again. Very interesting.

Family Stone - This is Stepmom meets Steel Magnolias which to me means a good movie for the holidays. It's not cinematic genius, but it's enjoyable, mostly lighthearted and a nice change of pace from everything else that is out there right now. My brother hated it as did the people behind us, but for a fun movie experience with snacks I say go. It does get a little slow, and if you're saving money for Munich and/or Match Point I say you can catch it on video and it won't be a huge loss.

C=A
FS=A-/B+

Tomorrow will be filled with the Giants game and maybe Munich tomorrow night. Hopefully another two on xmas finished off with the perfect amount of chinese food. Hail to the jewish movie holiday weekend.

One more note. As for the NYC transit strike, I'm glad it's over, but I have to admit it was kinda nice to see two major thoroughfare's closed off with people riding their bikes, rollerblading, walking, etc. It felt like a nice little community until my friend's bike got stolen..fucking humanity. Fucking Roger Toussant...but I digress.

If you celebrate xmas=merry xmas. If you don't enjoy the weekend of chinese food, movies and 24 hours of a christmas story on TBS....favorite line...guys guys I'm stuck, don't leave me here, guys guys, c'mon guys!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home