Feeding the television obsession....

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Happy New Year!

It's a new year, and lots of new shows to celebrate with. But first more vacation movie madness:

Munich: Brings up some interesting discussion, and I enjoyed the psychological turmoil of a "regular" guy turned assassin, but a little too long and the last shot of the movie was a bit gratuitous for my taste. Overall Grade - B

Memoirs of a Geisha: I enjoyed it. It has been a long time since I read the book so I wasn't concerned with how well they went together. Good story, fairly good momentum, definitely some gaps. A good renter. Overall Grade - B/B+

Syriana: Snoozefest. Overall Grade - C-/C

Up Next: King Kong, Good Night Good Luck, Match Point.

___________________________

Scrubs is Back, Scrubs is Back! (One for each episode)

The episodes weren't outstanding, but I was glad the show is back and maybe I just need to get back into the groove. Not sure what was up with Turk's facial hair. Like is that supposed to be funny for the show or is that just a new look?!

My Name is Earl

I love it anytime they show the two kids, although this time I didn't need to hear them talk. It's better for those kids to be seen not heard. I loved the cameo by the dude from the episode where Earl taught English. Plus nothing beats Randy laying down playing dead in the ostrich pen. Slightly annoying that it was moved to Thursday's although I guess now that Reunion was cancelled it doesn't really matter.

Gauntlett II

Oh Beth, Beth Beth. Get a job, get off this show. You are getting too old and haggard for this show. You are pathetic, pathetic I say. I miss Johnny Mosely. Plus Mark maybe you should go with Beth. Where's Veronica hating Katie when you need it?!

New Show Alert!

Four Kings, Thursday at 8:30 on NBC. I definately laughed out loud once, maybe twice. I won't say the show is good or bad. It needs a few episodes because it really could go either way. I'm holding out on analysis. One note, one of the guys looks like a younger Duncan's dad on Veronica Mars.

1 Comments:

Blogger breanna said...

i thought 4 kings was cute. i'll check it out again, but i'm not making any commitments.

and, i was quite busy watching Medium and missed the new gauntlet...hat's the big SECRET they advertized so much? i saw the beginning and the end...but no indication of what would be "the secret you never saw coming but should have." HELP!

i agree...Syriana was AWFUL. Geisha was nice. not as fabulous as i anticipated, but it was nice.

am i the only one that doesn't see what's so funny about the Office? I love Ricky Gervais and other stuff he's done, i've got a good sense of humor (according to me)...so what am i missing?

anyways...i'm just glad to have new episodes again! it's been too long since my favorites have been new (v.mars, desp housewives, grey's). i think that's why i was more impressed with the episodes of scrubs....it was just so nice not to have to watch a rerun.

2:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home