Feeding the television obsession....

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

REPRODUCTION!

So I was watching the Gauntlett II last night (oh Alton, so cute, but that vein...it's gonna burst!) and then switched over to The Bachelor: Paris at 10:30 to see what it was all about. Now keep in mind, never was a Bachelor follower, but holy yikers on the oncologist. For those that didn't see. She didn't get a coveted rose and basically flipped out and not only accosted the bachelor, but THE CAMERA guy as well. It seems that all she was intereste in was REPRODUCTION. Who uses that word except my 6th grade health teacher Mrs. Podebecki? I guess she had made references to her eggs drying up. She wanted to know why she wasn't chosen. She believed that her main qualification for being chosen was that she too was a physician. When she got all in the Bachelor's face I wanted him to be like this is why you weren't chosen, this right here you stupid stupid girl. Even the cameraman was like, uh, I don't know lady, um I think you need to catch a plane back to the states you freaker who will never ever ever get a date again. I mean this woman is on national television yelling how she's tried everything from internet dating, to speed dating well I can tell ya, this may be the end of the road for you sister.

The thing that annoys me about this show, albeit entertaining. Is that the women are so incredibly desperate and feed into the negative stereotypes that women have. They are literally throwing themselves at this guy. Again entertaining so I try to put it out of my head. Now since I didn't watch it from the beginning I don't know all the backstories and who's who, but I think I may get invested. Seems like funny watching.

Back to the Gauntlett II. Now nothing so wonderful happened except the more and more sexual nature of each task. But a shout out to Alton. I mean what a guy to choose a Gauntlett that Adam has a chance at. And I have to admit I liked Adam better here than I ever had before. Too bad he had to leave so soon.

Sara's (Emily's) Reason's Why Not:

  1. The show is not that funny
  2. Despite liking Heather Graham in Scrubs her character is a little annoying here.
  3. Not much of a supporting cast.

HOWEVER - it was only the pilot and I always give pilots another chance. AND, nothing is really on during that timeslot so we'll see.

More Movies....

Good Night and Good Luck - This was a really good movie. All-star cast. Great writing, good issues and awesome how you can close your eyes and it's as if it is happening today. Another good thing, only like an hour and 15 minutes or something. Grade: A/A-

Unlike some other movies...

King Kong - Yes this was silly silly silly. But I have to admit I enjoyed it. I got into the story and the special effects were truly incredible. A little too Jurassic Park, but not too much that I was annoyed. I would give this movie an "A", but I can't due to the length. Just way too long. You know a movie is long when there is no possible way you could sneak into another one. I think I also enjoyed it because I had never seen any of the other versions before. Grade B+

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see a shout out to Mrs. Podebecki! That's a name I don't think about too often....

3:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home