Feeding the television obsession....

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Let the Award Shows Begin!

Even thought it wasn't the first award show of the season, the Golden Globes kicked us off last night giving us insights into Oscar Night on March 5th. Despite all the awards shows between now and then this is the only one that matters.

Pre-Game

Was made up of E! with it's new lineup, a little of Joan and Melissa which is always a car wreck, followed by Nancy O'Dell and Dean Caine on NBC. I have to say, Izaac Mizrahi on E! is going to become the new Joan Rivers. His questions made stars cringe. It got to a point where he went on too long, people didn't want to talk to him and he was entirely inappropriate and irritating. Only Anne Hathaway in her interview rivaled in annoyingness. Not only did he look down Teri Hatcher's dress, but he made so many gay references to Ryan Seacrest (aka THE BOSS) that I was almost surprised they didn't cut him while the show was going on. Ryan Seacrest who usually gets on my nerves did a pretty good job with his co-host from the View. Where has she been.

Didn't watch enough of Joan and Melissa to give an analysis. It was too distracting to have my television lineup scrolling across the bottom. As of NBC my favorite part was the shocked face of Nancy O'Dell as she asked Chris Rock ridiculous questions and then he rocked the "N-word" to make her step back in shock.

My Own Awards

Most Overlooked Actors - Michelle Williams, Jeremy Piven

Best Presenter - Chris Rock

Actor Most Likely on Coke - Guy who won for playing Elvis (who's in Match Point now)

Most Disappointing Win - DH for comedy series. This show is not funny, it's no longer good.

Best Speeches - Steve Carrell (although I didn't want to see him win), George C., Felicity H., Hugh L.

Best Dressed - This is a hard one. I liked Marcia Cross, and Sandra Oh. On a funny note I thought when Sandra Oh! was being interviewed before the show began that her sister was actually her girlfriend and they were having a baby together. I was like, hmm I didn't know that I thought she just got divorced.

Most Deserving Awards - Philip Seymour Hoffman, Felicity Huffman

Most Pumped Up - Ryan Phillipe. I never saw anyone as excited as him.

Most Depressed Award - Hey Joaquin, YOU WON!

The Girl Most Likely to Be Your Friend - Reese Witherspoon

Most Likely to be the Next Roberto Benini - Ang Lee

James Frey Award - Geena Davis, although she owned up to her lie. And it was funny.

Overall, a good show.It's so much better than the Oscars, no host, no bs awards and it moves quickly. Speeches are funny, mood is good, I think it's all the drinking. I was also sad that My name is Earl, or Scrubs or Entourage didn't get recognized. And I know Hugh Laurie is supposed to be good, but give it to someone else.

My final question, why is it that Heath Ledger is receiving all this acclaim and nominations but we see nothing of Jake G. Why was he not even there?

Feel free to offer your own commentary on last night's award show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home