Feeding the television obsession....

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

State of the...zzzzzzz

My name is Sara and I'm addicted to oil.

Once again we get to see the State of Union. Which when it comes down to it is really a pep rally. Bush, with his approval ratings so low needed some clapping and rooting to make him feel better. Unfortunately, now I feel worse.

My list of thoughts/observations/mockery of the President:

  1. The state of the union...not strong
  2. Why do the judges need to wear their robes? It's not necessary.
  3. Did someone have to prep Alito since it was his first day, dude you're not allowed to clap.
  4. With everyone shooting the shit at the beginning, they should have donuts and coffee.
  5. I love Tim Russert but, I would have like to have Jon Stewart do the commentary...
  6. Or at least the Democratic response b/c this guy's a bore.
  7. Too bad Cindy Sheehan got arrested, that would have made good viewing
  8. Nice to see Cheney out of the bunker
  9. Bush forgot Alito was confirmed, had to go back up the aisle to congratulate him
  10. Only took four minutes to mention 9/11
  11. 9/11=2 mentions, purple thumb=1
  12. When Bush spoke to the Iraqi's or Iranians..whoever does he know they are sleeping?
  13. I didn't realize our road to victory was clear?
  14. Is the road to victory anything like the yellowbrick road?
  15. Favorite moment = Democrats clapping when Bush's initiatives were not passed
  16. Favorite facial expressions = Hillary Clinton
  17. I wonder if homeland security reads my blog
  18. FYI, you don't need to be good at math to have a high wage job.
  19. I'm glad Bush thinks that the state of the union is good b/c there are less abortions
  20. Is he comparing himself to Lincoln and MLK?
  21. Did I see a tear at the end?
  22. "Gift of our Creator" should not be in the State of the Union. That actually sums up the problem with our Union.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home